Monday, January 25, 2010

Maternity Photography - My Brother and My Gorgeous Sister in Law.

I come from large family and I'm the middle of five children. I have an older brother and sister and two younger brothers. My 'baby' brother has always been my favourite even though he's eight years younger than me.

Well my brother is all grown up and a proud member of Australia's Armed Forces. And he has a gorgeous fiance named Sarah who is due to give birth at any moment.

So about three weeks ago, I dragged them out to one of my favourite locations on the Gold Coast to shoot a maternity session (to a place that also happens to be one of my favourite places in the whole entire world). I had lots of ideas that I wanted to try out but the weather was against us and we lost a fair chunk of time sheltering from the rain under a tree.

We did manage to get some of the photos I wanted though... and the advantage of the clients being family means that I could edit them any way that I wanted to! I love it when I'm given free artistic range, although I still tried to keep it simple.

So here are the images from our very short session on a stormy, rainy and windy day. Thanks also to Serena for coming along and helping me on the shoot! I couldn't have done it without you.

Keep an eye out in the coming days for a new 'birth' slideshow. Sarah is letting me in the room to photograph the entry of her little man. It's bound to get a little emotional. Can't wait.


11 comments:

  1. i like the pose of the last one. The lighting on a few of these are really nice as well. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic shoot! Intimate and almost moody and sexy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love these and all the textures you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots! I really like the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Awesome Awesome work!! I think the last one is my Favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh wow absolutely stunning! Hard to pick a favourite but I think if I had to choose I'd say the last one. Amazing images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous belly! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Very Dramatic! Great lighting technique. Love the processing!

    ReplyDelete