Monday, July 6, 2009

Alex and Alicia Tie the Knot! So Who Do the Photographers Use When They Walk Down the Aisle?

The big news here at Savvy Studios was our very own wedding on April 26th. Naturally the first question that people asked when they found out we were getting married was, "So who's taking your photos?"

The answer was easy. Our good friends Ben and Justine Rugers at XSiGHT Photography in Brisbane were the first people we called when we decided on a date. The second person was our chosen celebrant, the always wonderful Anne Campbell. We were delighted that they were both available for the date.

Alex and I are in the fortunate position as photographers to see all the ins and outs of so many wedding days and as such, our decision making was all relatively smooth sailing. I was originally going to go with a more 'affordable' wedding dress but stumbled across a Bella Donna dress by Wendy Makin and fell in love. A group of my friends all pitched in and paid for half for me as a very generous gift. Alex decided to look to his heritage when deciding on his attire and went with a kilt from Highland House.

Some time ago when Savvy Studios exhibited at an expo, we found ourselves sitting opposite a stand for handmade dress jewellery and I loved all the individual pieces that were on display. I knew exactly what wanted to go with my dress and contacted Leonie from She Shimmers who was able to make up just what I was after and it was perfect in every way. I found my shoes online at Designer Shoes; American suppliers but the same as Aussie sizing. Prompt delivery and a beautiful product. Then I went with a birdcage veil and fascinator from Fascinators.net. It was all coming up perfect but was topped of with stunning tulips from Bouquets with Bling.

What was special for me was that my hair was styled by my father, Ross Adams, who is a lady's hairdresser and was an international award winning hairdresser, 'back in the day'. Not many girls can say they had their dad style their hair for their wedding. My make-up was from my gorgeous maid of honour, Paula from Humankind Face + Body.

Our wedding was held out on the point at Cleveland and we couldn't have asked for a better day to celebrate with such amazing people around us. After our cocktail lunch reception, (and some delicious cupcakes from Deb at Couture Cupcakes, who came to the rescue with only days left until the wedding), we headed off to the Crowne Plaza on the Gold Coast to start our location photos. After some shots in the hotel and racing the light, we headed to the Spit for our final location shots and our Trash the Dress session.

We had an incredible day and it wouldn't have been the same without such wonderful and talented people and amazing friends to help us out every step of the way. A huge thank you must go out to Ben and Justine from XSiGHT who had to put up with two photographers who weren't too keen on getting in front of the cameras. Even so, the Brisbane XSiGHT team captured some great images.

Photos courtesy of XSiGHT Brisbane


0 comments:

Post a Comment